Welcome to the Inside Out Club
Four opportunities for helping kids and families develop the character skills necessary to thrive in their lives, schools, community, and later in their careers.
Since Inside Out Club Began in January 2014
Kids & Parents Attended Inside Out Club on the Weekends
Students Attended Inside Out Club in Schools
Character Learning & Volunteer Hours of Inside Out Club Kids
Volunteer Hours Donated to Execute School Program
I learned to help others because some people might not have things that other people have.
I learned to work together. [We] can change the world.
What makes the Inside Out Club unique is our Integrated Curriculum
Character Skills – Practicing these 8 character skills translates into measurable positive outcomes.
Social Causes – Knowledge and understanding of key social issues increases a child’s sense of community and self.
Connection to Nonprofit Organizations – Children and parents believe they can create change and are empowered to help others.
Inside Out Club takes a comprehensive approach to helping develop kids with character by incorporating these three elements in all four Inside Out Club opportunities where everyone can participate.
- Proactively include others
- Allow others to belong unconditionally
- Value others for who they are
- Listen and speak with others to contribute to group success
- Actively support and inspire
- Engage positively, patiently and productively with others
- Demonstrate an active interest in learning
- Are brave enough to ask questions
- Are fearless innovators
- Understand what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes
- Demonstrate compassion
- Help others through service
- Demonstrate a genuine appreciation for life’s gifts
- Recognize and focus on the positives
- Model gratitude to impact others
- Put others’ needs before individual wants
- Value sharing, selflessness, generosity and compassion
- Care for themselves, others, animals and the environment
- Show grit, resilience and determination when facing challenges or the unexpected
- Have a growth mindset
- Follow through on commitments with grace and integrity
- Embrace their authentic selves
- Demonstrate healthy coping skills with social and emotional maturity
- Work to understand their biases, feelings and motivations to make good choices
Connecting to people for who they are and recognizing how we are all the same.
Protecting Our Planet
Working to keep our planet safe and healthy for generations to come.
Meeting Basic Needs
Understanding needs (food, shelter, clean water, transportation and literacy) versus wants.
Developing Self-Awareness / Character
Building the skills necessary to be a good person and thrive.
Being Socially Responsible
Having a desire and sense of responsibility to care for others and the planet.
Supporting Troops & Veterans
Valuing those who serve our country.
- Bernie’s Book Bank
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Celebrate Differences
- Clean Water Project
- The Conservation Foundation
- DuPage Pads
- DuPage Senior Council – Meals on Wheels
- DuPage United
- Family Focus Aurora
- DuPage Forest Preserve
- Giant Steps School
- Habitat for Humanity
- Honor Flight Chicago
- Literacy DuPage
- Loaves & Fishes CARES
- Loaves & Fishes Community Services
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans
- NAMI DuPage
- Naperville Area Humane Society
- Operation Drive
- Operation Support Our Troops
- People’s Resource Center
- Phil’s Friends
- Ripple Kindness Project
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Special Olympics Illinois
- Special Spaces
- The GardenWorks Project
- Trees that Feed Foundation
- West Suburban Community Pantry
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center
- World Relief DuPage/Aurora
Check Out Our Latest Blog
During this challenging time, how can we lead, teach and build character that will be a silver lining for our families during this time?
Four strategies to raising a compassionate child with the first being to embody the compassion you want to pass on.
It’s inevitable that your child will differ in one form or another from the ideal you had in your head. With that in mind, here are 5 tips for accepting your kids for who they are and embracing their uniqueness.
Thank You to Our Partners!