Welcome to the Inside Out Club
Five opportunities to help kids and families develop the character skills necessary to thrive in their lives, schools, community, and later in their careers.
Why Inside Out Club?
Today’s youth face many risks and challenges – self-esteem, mental-health issues, bullying and more! The tools they need to be able to handle tough decisions, change and struggles need to be taught young so they have them when they enter middle school and for the rest of their lives.
It’s never too early to start equipping your kids and family with the character skills they will need. And, there is no better way to learn them than through connection to the community and volunteerism.
Click the image to learn more and register for Season 2 of Inside Out Club Live!
Inside Out Club Impact / 2019-20 Year
# of Participants Ages 3-12
# of Families Served
# of Volunteer Hours by Inside Out Club Participants
Inside Out Club Programs
NEW – virtual program for K-3rd graders, 8 interactive, hands-on episodes each season to build character and more! Includes a Junior Leader program for 4th-5th graders.
35+ schools with more than 2,000 kids in K-5th grades a year. As of summer 2020, this program is on-hold due to the pandemic.
Family, Friendly Volunteering – About 20 events a year for kids to volunteer with their families. Currently, events are offered virtually and in person with social distancing.
Resources For Parents, Educators & the Community
My son really took the acceptance & inclusion session to heart. Clearly, all kids are curious about people who are different than they are, but I think the session really highlighted some extraordinary traits of people on the spectrum. He now views the ‘differences’ as gifts.
I learned that a community gives clothes or food to people in need. And our club does give to community.
I learned that you should always help people that need help.
I learned that you should be kind to others, always share with others and respect others.
What makes the Inside Out Club unique is our Integrated Curriculum
Our curriculum combines social and emotional learning (SEL) with volunteerism. SEL helps people recognize and manage emotions, develop empathy for others, maintain cooperative relationships and make responsible decisions. The curriculum aims to 1) provide kids and families opportunities to develop and practice character skills, 2) broaden individuals’ perspective of the community through education on the social causes, and to 3) empower children and families to make their community better.
Character Skills – Practicing these 8 character skills translates into measurable positive outcomes.
Social Causes – Knowledge and understanding of key social issues increases a child’s sense of community and self.
Connection to Nonprofit Organizations – Children and parents believe they can create change and are empowered to help others.
Inside Out Club takes a comprehensive approach to helping develop kids with character by incorporating these three elements in all four Inside Out Club opportunities where everyone can participate.
- Proactively include others
- Allow others to belong unconditionally
- Value others for who they are
- Listen and speak with others to contribute to group success
- Actively support and inspire
- Engage positively, patiently and productively with others
- Demonstrate an active interest in learning
- Are brave enough to ask questions
- Are fearless innovators
- Understand what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes
- Demonstrate compassion
- Help others through service
- Demonstrate a genuine appreciation for life’s gifts
- Recognize and focus on the positives
- Model gratitude to impact others
- Put others’ needs before individual wants
- Value sharing, selflessness, generosity and compassion
- Care for themselves, others, animals and the environment
- Show grit, resilience and determination when facing challenges or the unexpected
- Have a growth mindset
- Follow through on commitments with grace and integrity
- Embrace their authentic selves
- Demonstrate healthy coping skills with social and emotional maturity
- Work to understand their biases, feelings and motivations to make good choices
Connecting to people for who they are and recognizing how we are all the same.
Protecting Our Planet
Working to keep our planet safe and healthy for generations to come.
Meeting Basic Needs
Understanding needs (food, shelter, clean water, transportation and literacy) versus wants.
Developing Self-Awareness / Character
Building the skills necessary to be a good person and thrive.
Being Socially Responsible
Having a desire and sense of responsibility to care for others and the planet.
Supporting Troops & Veterans
Valuing those who serve our country.
- Bernie’s Book Bank
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Celebrate Differences
- Clean Water Project
- The Conservation Foundation
- DuPage Pads
- DuPage Senior Council – Meals on Wheels
- DuPage United
- Family Focus Aurora
- DuPage Forest Preserve
- Giant Steps School
- Habitat for Humanity
- Honor Flight Chicago
- Literacy DuPage
- Loaves & Fishes CARES
- Loaves & Fishes Community Services
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans
- NAMI DuPage
- Naperville Area Humane Society
- Operation Drive
- Operation Support Our Troops
- People’s Resource Center
- Phil’s Friends
- Ripple Kindness Project
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Special Olympics Illinois
- Special Spaces
- The GardenWorks Project
- Trees that Feed Foundation
- West Suburban Community Pantry
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center
- World Relief DuPage/Aurora
Check Out Our Latest Blog
Like many of you, our family is juggling two kids in elementary school and two demanding careers. Between meetings, we bus over snacks to our children and try to find quiet spaces in different corners of our home. Despite being under the same roof all day, we found it...
Good character is always important, and a COVID-19 world demands even more kids who persevere, more kids who show empathy and kindness, more kids who practice self-awareness. That’s why Inside Out Club Live was created in spring 2020. The goal? An engaging, fun...
During stressful times do you wish you had more tools to help your family be calm and handle stress?
Thank You to Our Annual Presenting Partners!