Welcome to the Inside Out Club
Four opportunities for helping kids and families develop the character skills necessary to thrive in their lives, schools, community, and later in their careers.
Since Inside Out Club Began in January 2014
Kids & Parents Attended Inside Out Club on the Weekends
Students Attended Inside Out Club in Schools
Character Learning & Volunteer Hours of Inside Out Club Kids
Volunteer Hours Donated to Execute School Program
2nd Grade Parent
I learned to help others because some people might not have things that other people have.
I learned to work together. [We] can change the world.
Inside Out Club Participant
Lead Volunteer, May Watts Elementary School
What makes the Inside Out Club unique is our Integrated Curriculum
Character Skills – Practicing these 8 character skills translates into measurable positive outcomes.
Social Causes – Knowledge and understanding of key social issues increases a child’s sense of community and self.
Connection to Nonprofit Organizations – Children and parents believe they can create change and are empowered to help others.
Inside Out Club takes a comprehensive approach to helping develop kids with character by incorporating these three elements in all four Inside Out Club opportunities where everyone can participate.
- Proactively include others
- Allow others to belong unconditionally
- Value others for who they are
- Listen and speak with others to contribute to group success
- Actively support and inspire
- Engage positively, patiently and productively with others
- Demonstrate an active interest in learning
- Are brave enough to ask questions
- Are fearless innovators
- Understand what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes
- Demonstrate compassion
- Help others through service
- Demonstrate a genuine appreciation for life’s gifts
- Recognize and focus on the positives
- Model gratitude to impact others
- Put others’ needs before individual wants
- Value sharing, selflessness, generosity and compassion
- Care for themselves, others, animals and the environment
- Show grit, resilience and determination when facing challenges or the unexpected
- Have a growth mindset
- Follow through on commitments with grace and integrity
- Embrace their authentic selves
- Demonstrate healthy coping skills with social and emotional maturity
- Work to understand their biases, feelings and motivations to make good choices
Connecting to people for who they are and recognizing how we are all the same.
Protecting Our Planet
Working to keep our planet safe and healthy for generations to come.
Meeting Basic Needs
Understanding needs (food, shelter, clean water, transportation and literacy) versus wants.
Developing Self-Awareness / Character
Building the skills necessary to be a good person and thrive.
Being Socially Responsible
Having a desire and sense of responsibility to care for others and the planet.
Supporting Troops & Veterans
Valuing those who serve our country.
- Bernie’s Book Bank
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Celebrate Differences
- Clean Water Project
- The Conservation Foundation
- DuPage Pads
- DuPage Senior Council – Meals on Wheels
- DuPage United
- Family Focus Aurora
- DuPage Forest Preserve
- Giant Steps School
- Habitat for Humanity
- Honor Flight Chicago
- Literacy DuPage
- Loaves & Fishes CARES
- Loaves & Fishes Community Services
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans
- NAMI DuPage
- Naperville Area Humane Society
- Operation Drive
- Operation Support Our Troops
- People’s Resource Center
- Phil’s Friends
- Ripple Kindness Project
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Special Olympics Illinois
- Special Spaces
- The GardenWorks Project
- Trees that Feed Foundation
- West Suburban Community Pantry
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center
- World Relief DuPage/Aurora
Check Out Our Latest Blog
Being grateful is one of the best qualities a person can have. Every parent hopes that their child will grow up to be this way. When children are raised to be grateful, they become more thoughtful, empathetic and polite towards other people. Follow these useful tips to help your child become more grateful.
Inside Out Club DuPage is on a mission to develop kids with character inside and out; children living by values founded in acceptance, curiosity, collaboration, empathy, gratitude, kindness, perseverance and self-awareness who have a desire to help others, the...
As our annual Inside Out Club Fall Family 5K is approaching, I’ve been thinking a lot about family-friendly volunteering. Running or walking for a great cause is a simple, meaningful way to involve your kids in giving back – especially your youngest - but the...
Thank You to Our Partners!