Love to work with kids?
Inside Out Club DuPage is seeking a Leader to teach hands-on, character-building activities at ten local elementary schools this school year in collaboration with the YMCA Safe ‘N Sound after-school care program. Inside Out Club will be bringing a four-week series of unique, fun, and meaningful activities focused on living each day with good character and giving back to the world around us. Each Inside Out Club activity is one hour in length.
The Inside Out Club Leader is responsible for preparing for, facilitating, and wrapping up Inside Out Club DuPage (IOCD) lessons at our YMCA Safe ‘N Sound partners’ locations. The Leader will provide an enjoyable experience for all participants, volunteers, and partners.
The Leader will train with Inside Out Club’s Program Manager for one hours and must agree to have a background check.
The Leader will teach a 4-Week Series up to 10 separate times at 10 separate locations based on schedule selection (below) during the 2023-24 school year. The schedule is very flexible, and the Leader can work with Inside Out Club staff to identify a plan that works for everyone. Days of the week (Mon-Fri) to teach are flexible based upon Leader’s availability, but once they are set, will remain the same each week. The schedule will not include school holidays, etc.
The Leader can commit to Schedule 1, Schedule 2, or Schedule 3 (see below):
Schedule 1: Blocks 1, 2, and 3 – multiple days per week across a total of 12 weeks
Schedule 2: A combination of any 2 blocks
Schedule 3: One single block
Block 1 – District 129 – 4 weeks total: 2:30 – 4:00 pm, two days per week for four weeks
Block 2 – District 204 – 8 weeks total: 3:45 – 5:15 pm, three days per week for four weeks; AND 3:45 – 5:15 pm, three days per week for the following four weeks
Block 3 – District 204 – Back-to-Back Lessons, 4 weeks total: 3:30 – 5:45 pm, two days per week for four weeks
Inside Out Club will work with the Leader to creatively craft a schedule that works for everyone.
This is the list of schools –
School District 129
- Fearn Elementary-24 kids
- Schneider Elementary-27 kids
School District 204
- Fry Elementary-30
- Welch Elementary-50 [split into 2 groups, back-to-back lessons]
- Springbrook Elementary-40 [split into 2 groups, back-to-back lessons]
- Georgetown Elementary-16
- McCarty Elementary-17
- Longwood Elementary-37
- Young Elementary-24
The pay for this position will be $25 an hour. Benefits are not included and IOCD will not reimburse for internet and personal computer use. IOCD is looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Leaders will be paid for:
- Pre-instruction preparation at home/off-site (15 minutes per day leading)
- Hours leading on-site (direct instruction)
- Set-up ahead of leading on-site (15 minutes per shift of leading – morning / afternoon)
- Clean-up after leading on-site (15 minutes per shift of leading – morning / afternoon)
- Consolidating donation items and delivery (.5-1 hr. for consolidating and .5 – 1 hr. for delivery to nonprofit)
For example: If you are leading from 4 pm – 5 pm you would be paid 1 hr leading + .5 hours set-up/clean-up + .25 hours prep for a total of 1.75 hours)
In addition, the leader will be paid for a 1-hour training and 30 minutes per lesson (4-Week Series = 2 hours total) to learn and practice the curriculum. Leaders will be given an Inside Out Club leader shirt to wear.
Preparing for Inside Out Club Programs:
- Attend any training with the Program Manager
- Study and practice the curriculum ahead of time
- Communicate with the Program Manger to confirm your shifts and if anything arises
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled program start time
Facilitating Inside Out Club Programs:
- Host all programs professionally and enthusiastically –
- Welcome participants; provide a recap of previous lesson when appropriate; review the day’s lesson; lead IOCD pledge; follow IOCD script and other materials for the lesson (a combination of story time, discussion and hands-on projects); lesson reflection; thank participants
- Include staff from the YMCA Safe ‘N Sound as support volunteers, making sure they feel welcome and a meaningful part of the program; be sure to thank them
- Share lesson take-home sheets with YMCA Safe ‘N Sound staff for them to distribute at the end of the day to all families
- Document attendance and the number of items created for donation or as reinforcement of the learning objectives
- Follow all IOCD policies and procedures, including compliance with child protection policies
Wrapping Up Inside Out Club Programs:
- Report immediately any concerns or incidents – resolved or unresolved – to IOC Executive Director
- Submit attendance and impact items information to the IOCD Program Manager
- Submit any recommendations for curriculum updates to IOCD at the end of the 4-week series
- Consolidate donation items and deliver them to local nonprofit
Concrete demonstrable experience and qualifications include:
- Previous experience working with children, teaching, or similar
- Positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration as well as independently
- Loves to learn new things
- Personal computer with reliable internet access
If you believe you are a great fit for this position and are interested, please complete the Position Interest Form below. We will contact you within 48 hours with a confirmation of receipt and next steps.