Inside Out Club Making Hygiene Kits for Local School Children
March 10 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Help children head to the classroom feeling their best by making and assembling hygiene kits!
Did you know that 1% of the students in Naperville schools are homeless, and many more are living below the poverty line? These students need basic hygiene items, which can be expensive to purchase. At this hands-on Inside Out Club event, you will:
- Help make a no-sew cloth bag to hold the hygiene items.
- Fill the bags with hygiene items (washcloth, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Learn about the Naperville Education and Indian Prairie Foundations and how they help families in our community.
This is a great way to build empathy, demonstrate kindness and have fun volunteering with as a family.
What You Need to Bring
We’ll provide the supplies, cloth, buttons and the expertise to make the bags. Additionally, we will have some hygiene supplies to put in the bags. We’d appreciate it if you could bring a donation to help fill the bags. Any of the following would be greatly appreciated: individually wrapped bars of soap, washcloths, toothbrushes and travel-size toothpaste. Please no spray bottles of any kind.
Where and When
We’ll meet at the DuPage Children’s Museum at 3:30 pm and will wrap up around 4:30 pm.
Space is limited. You must register to reserve your spot(s). The cost is $7 per child (adults are free), which covers the cost of supplies to make the bags, time and organization involved in planning and executing the event.
If you cannot afford the cost, please email the names and ages in your family or group to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to register you for free.
There are 2 ways to register for this event:
If you’d like to avoid the Eventbrite fees, please:
- Make a donation for $7 per child at https://www.insideoutclub.org/donate/
- Put the weekend event name in the comments field as well as the number of children and adults attending
- By making the donation, you are agreeing to this RELEASE/WAIVER
- We will contact you to complete the registration
Age Guidelines / Parent Participation
Inside Out Club weekend events are designed for children ages 3-12 and their parents. Older children are welcome to participate as volunteer/mentors for the younger kids. These are family events, not drop-off. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact Rita at email@example.com.
Forward to a Friend
Weekend Inside Out Club events are even more fun with friends! Forward this information to a friend with an invitation to join.