- This event has passed.
Prairie Planting & River Clean-Up
June 15 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Take time to take care of the planet and have fun outside with your family planting prairie plants and cleaning up the river!
At this hands-on Inside Out Club event, we will:
- Learn about the prairie from Dr. Gregory Ruthig, biology professor at North Central College
- Talk about how The Conservation Foundation helps keep our waterways clean and take time to clean up the river near North Central College’s prairie.
What You Need to Bring
We’ll provide the prairie plants, tools for planting and everything we’ll need to clean up the river. Please wear close-toed shoes and dress for the weather.
Where and When
We’ll meet in the southwest corner of the parking lot outside the football stadium. Please see map below. The event will take place from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
This is a great way to practice gratitude and kindness while caring for our planet!
Space is limited. You must register to reserve your spot(s). The cost is $8 per child (adults are free), which covers the cost of supplies, time and organization involved in planning and executing the event.
If you cannot afford the cost, please email the names and ages in your family or group to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to register you for free.
There are 2 ways to register for this event:
If you’d like to avoid the Eventbrite fees, please:
- Make a donation for $8 per child at https://www.insideoutclub.org/donate/
- Put the weekend event name in the comments field as well as the number of children and adults attending
- By making the donation, you are agreeing to this RELEASE/WAIVER
- We will contact you to complete the registration
Age guidelines / Parent participation
Inside Out Club weekend events are designed for children ages 3-12 and their parents. Older children are welcome to participate as volunteer/mentors for the younger kids. These are family events, not drop-off. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact Rita at email@example.com.
Forward to a Friend
Weekend Inside Out Club events are even more fun with friends! Forward this information to a friend with an invitation to join.